Tuesday, March 3, 2009

When I grow up

I am approaching 40 and I still have NO FREAKIN' IDEA what to do with the crap pile of curls on my head.  That's right:  almost 40, no hair skills.  And I'm sick to death of it.

Searching for truth and knowledge, I went to the one source for everything:  Google.  I googled me some curl options.  I Wikihow-ed and got wowed!

I found this video:

And holy cow!  A movie has never meant so much to me!  This is the ticket.  I tried it Saturday and it's nice to look like my hair has a style and I'm not the biggest loser in a lame 'fro contest.  This could be some of the finest 2 minutes and 32 seconds I've witnessed on the internets.

At this article's suggestion, I caved/splurged and bought this book and am patiently waiting for it to arrive.  (I'm cheap and went for the whole FREE shipping you have to wait 5 to 7 days for.  An ETERNITY in this day and age.)  Reaching ever higher into the splurge category I also purchased a micro-fiber towel for my plopping needs.  (The tshirt is okay but doesn't dry fast enough for my morning routine.  NO, getting up earlier is NOT an option.)

So maybe, just maybe, by the time my 20th high school reunion rolls around this fall, I'll have made peace with my inner-curl.  

Or....I could wig out like this chick:

2 comments:

Nicole said...

You realize if you ever acted this way I would have to shot you. It would be like putting a wounded animal out of its misery.

Unknown said...

GET IN LINE!!!

Do you know how many times I wanted to shoot myself after a bad haircut? Which was about....EVERY FREAKIN' TIME??